|Friday, September 15, 2017|
|National Hispanic Heritage Month
Hispanic Heritage Month is observed every year from September 15 to October 15 to recognize the rich cultural influence of Hispanics/Latinos in the United States. During this observance, OMH raises awareness of health gaps and provides a platform for national Hispanic/Latino health organizations to discuss the challenges and opportunities in helping end health disparities. In 2017, OMH will focus its efforts in creating awareness of the prevalence of childhood obesity in the Hispanic/Latino community and ways parents can encourage healthy nutrition and physical activity.
Visit this webpage during Hispanic Heritage Month for updates on available downloadable materials and events in observance of Hispanic Heritage Month.
Hispanic Heritage Month Graphics
Download and share these info cards on social media by right clicking and saving the images.
NOTE: These images may be downloaded and used only for purposes of promoting Hispanic Heritage Month activities, and may not be used for commercial purposes, including selling of products and services and advertisements in newspapers and other publications.
Despite our nation’s advances in science, public health and health care, the health status of Hispanics/Latinos continues to lag behind the general population.
See statistics on health disparities:
- Hispanic/Latino Health Profile
- Hispanic Health Vital Signs
- Health of Hispanic or Latino Population
- Health Disparities in HIV/AIDS, Viral Hepatitis, STDs, and TBProjects and Partnerships
Below are OMH grants, projects and partnerships that are helping to reduce disparities and promote better health for Hispanics/Latinos:
- All grants and cooperative agreements
- Communities Addressing Childhood Trauma (ACT) Program
- HHS Promotores de Salud Initiative
- National Health Education Lupus Program (NHELP)
- National Standards for Culturally and Linguistically Appropriate Services (CLAS) in Health and Health Care
- National Workforce Diversity Pipeline Program (NWDP)
- Salud America!
- CDC Hispanic Health
- Knowledge Center online catalog - recent articles on childhood obesity for Hispanic children
- Knowledge Center online catalog- recent articles on Hispanic Health
- USDA MiPlato